18 Apr 2011 Versys Rear Rack : Thumbs Up!
My wife and I are going on our first motorcycle adventure in 2 weeks so it was time to find a rear rack for the Versys. Since I do a lot of adventure trips on my WR250R I try to get gear that I can use on both bikes. So I quickly decided against a hard top case and opted for a rear rack that I can mount a Wolfman duffel to. My search lead me to this rack from a fellow rider on Kawasaki Versys forums. Get yours here. I really like the look, functionality and size of this rack. And it installs super easy, I only had one little issue because of my Corbin seat.
1. Remove the seat
2. Remove rear fairing push rivet
3. Remove rear fairing screw
4. With a 12mm socket, remove the passenger handles
5. Mine aligned with passenger handle bolts perfectly!
6. Using blue Loctite on all your bolts
7. Bolt the rack down
8. When I put my Corbin seat back on, I noticed the rear of the seat was hitting the rear rack just slightly enough that it would not latch down. So, I flipped the seat over and removed the seat latch
9. Placing a washer underneath the latch lifted it up just enough.
10. Put the latch back on and set the seat in place
11. Enjoy & ride…
I’ll post up a photo of the bike loaded up a bit later… the rack is super slick looking, great craftsmanship and fast shipping. So far two thumbs up from Basher!